This is simple and delicious. Cook the carrots, dump all the ingredients in a food processor and pour into a baking dish. Easy, colorful, and always a hit. I cut back on the sugar to one cup and increased the cinnamon to half a teaspoon. I served this with beef tenderloin, scalloped potatoes, and collards.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
- 1 (16-ounce) package baby carrots*
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cook carrots in boiling water to cover in a large saucepan 20 to 24 minutes or until tender. Drain well; cool.
- Process carrots and eggs in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add sugar and remaining ingredients; process 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until set.
- *1 1/2 pounds carrots, sliced, may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables