This was wonderful! It very lemony without being tart, and it's the perfect side dish on a hot day. I love it!
This carrot slaw recipe came from the French grandmother of one of Bill's friends. It tastes great with fried seafood, as well as barbecue. When Bill pairs it with soft-shell crabs, he also makes another slaw with purple cabbage. The colors on the plate are bright and beautiful.
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 6 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 3 teaspoons zest and 3 tablespoons juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss together first 5 ingredients. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir in olive oil. Taste for seasoning, and add more salt or sugar, if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note