Carrot Ring Mold
- 3 cups mashed cooked carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Beat eggs 1 minute at high speed of an electric mixer until frothy and thickened. Gently fold eggs into carrot mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart ring mold. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Invert carrot ring onto serving platter.
- Note: The fresh green peas may be served in center of carrot ring, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note