Carrot Ring Mold
Yield: 8 servings
- 3 cups mashed cooked carrots (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well, and set aside.
- Beat eggs 1 minute at high speed of an electric mixer until frothy and thickened. Gently fold eggs into carrot mixture.
- Spoon mixture into a well-greased 1 1/2-quart ring mold. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack 20 minutes.
- Invert carrot ring onto serving platter.
- Note: The fresh green peas may be served in center of carrot ring, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables