- 3 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups cooked, mashed carrots (about 2 pounds)
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- Beat eggs in a large mixing bowl until thick and lemon colored; add remaining ingredients, mixing well.
- Spoon into a well-greased 4- cup ovenproof ring mold. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool on wire rack 40 minutes.
- Serving Suggestion: Carrot Ring may be filled with Celery with Mushrooms or Southern- Cooked Green Peas.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables