Yield: about 10 pints
- 5 cups unpeeled, ground green tomatoes
- 3 cups ground cabbage
- 1 1/2 cups ground onion
- 1 1/2 cups ground cucumbers
- 1 1/2 cups ground carrots
- 1 medium-size green pepper, seeded and ground
- 1 medium-size sweet red pepper, seeded and ground
- 1/4 cup salt
- 4 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 1/3 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup celery seeds
- 1/4 cup mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- Combine ground vegetables and salt in a large glass mixing bowl, stirring well; cover and refrigerate 4 hours. Rinse in cold water, and drain.
- Combine vegetables, vinegar, sugar, celery and mustard seeds, and red pepper in a large non-aluminum stockpot, stirring well; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Quickly ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes. Serve with meats or vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments