- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, finely chopped
How to Make It
Beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until moistened; stir in raisins and carrot. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan. Sprinkle with pecans.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack, and cut into squares.