Carrot Puree with Browned Butter and Ginger
More From Oxmoor House
- 2 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Place carrot and potato in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until very tender. Drain well. Process half of potato and carrot in a food processor until smooth.
- Place butter in a small skillet. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes or until butter solids turn light brown, stirring often. Add brown butter and half-and-half to carrot puree. Add remaining half of carrot and potato, salt, and remaining ingredients; process until smooth.
- Note: Beurre noisette is French meaning " browned butter." Don't be tempted to substitute margarine; it won't have the same flavor or consistency. Cook carefully to develop the light hazelnut ("noisette") color.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This