- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups vinegar
- Place carrots and onions in a saucepan, and add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Drain.
- Add remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Pack into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling-water bath for 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables