Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar)
Gajar ka achar (carrot pickle) is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches.
• 5 medium carrots
• 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds
• 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
• 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
• 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
1. Peel the carrots and thinly slice them about 2 inches long (should be about two cups).
2. Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, ensuring the carrots don’t have any excess water.
3. Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar.
4. Keep the jar in the sun for a day. Pickle is ready the next day.
5. Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way.
Go to full version of