Community Recipe from
- 11/2 tablespoon(s) muistard seed
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard oit
- Carrot Pickle (Gajar Ka Achar)
- Gajar ka achar (carrot pickle) is a great condiment to serve with any meal or with sandwiches.
- • 5 medium carrots
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground mustard seeds
- • 1 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- • 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- • 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- • 1 tablespoon mustard oil or olive oil
- 1. Peel the carrots and thinly slice them about 2 inches long (should be about two cups).
- 2. Wrap the sliced carrots in a dry towel, ensuring the carrots don’t have any excess water.
- 3. Mix all the ingredients together with the carrots and put in a glass jar.
- 4. Keep the jar in the sun for a day. Pickle is ready the next day.
- 5. Pickle can be refrigerated for about two weeks.
- Add sliced green chili, sliced the long way.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by bhagatj and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot Pickle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments