Carrot and Orange Salad
This beautiful salad is made fragrant with a touch of orange blossom water (available in the baking section of most supermarkets, or see "Find it fast!" above to order online). Serve the dish between the main course and dessert or as part of a larger feast. To make ahead, follow Step 1 and refrigerate up to 3 days. Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving, and resume with Step 2. Prep: 10 minutes.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 carrots, peeled and grated (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 oranges, peeled (with white pith removed) and sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more if desired
- Garnish: toasted almond slices
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add carrot, and toss to combine.
- 2. Top with orange slices, drizzle with oil, and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note