- 1/2 cup fresh carrot juice (see Note)
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- One 3/4-inch-thick slice of peeled fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Cayenne pepper
- In a small saucepan, boil the carrot juice until it is reduced to 3 tablespoons, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a blender and let cool slightly. Add the chopped carrot, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce and miso and blend until the carrot is minced. With the machine on, add the oil in a thin, steady stream. Season with cayenne and transfer to a glass jar. Applications: Use as a dipping sauce for vegetables or boiled shrimp. Serve with poached or grilled salmon or tuna. Toss with cold soba noodles, steamed broccoli or snow peas. Drizzle over grilled chicken breasts or pork tenderloin.
- Make Ahead: The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Notes: Available in supermarkets and health food stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments