Delicious and easy to prepare. Didn't make glaze; was fine without it.
Carrot Loaf Cake with Yogurt Glaze
Greek yogurt is as versatile as it is thick and delicious. Here we stir it into the batter and topping of Carrot Loaf Cake wtih Yogurt Glaze.
Yield: Serves 10 (serving size: 1 slice)
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 45g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 349mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup plain reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Spray a 9- x 3- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, 1/3 cup yogurt, oil, eggs, and ginger. Stir dry mixture into yogurt mixture, then stir in carrots. Transfer to baking pan.
- 3. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool 15 minutes in pan; remove from pan to cool completely. Stir together remaining 1/3 cup yogurt and confectioner's sugar. Just before serving, drizzle glaze over cake set on wire rack. Slice into 10 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings