Slow-cooker Carrot-Ginger Soup provides a healthy and flavorful option for a weeknight dinner. For a refreshing summertime soup, serve it chilled.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 185
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Sodium: 625mg
- 2 pounds carrots (about 10 large), ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch slices
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Plain yogurt, optional
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- 1/2 pound peeled, deveined cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1. Combine carrots, scallions, garlic, ginger, curry powder, chicken broth and 2 cups water in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low until carrots are tender, 7 to 8 hours. Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender and return to slow cooker. Stir in heavy cream, season with salt, cover and cook until heated through, about 15 minutes longer.
- 2. Ladle hot soup into bowls and top with a dollop of yogurt and a sprinkle of cilantro, if desired. Place shrimp on top and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note