great recipe, exactly as written!
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Elizabeth Blake
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 198
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 2g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 6g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
- Sodium: 350mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 pounds carrots (15 to 18 medium carrots), trimmed and sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1. Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and sauté 1 minute longer. Add carrots, pour in broth and season with a pinch of salt. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until carrots are very tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- 2. Working in batches, puree soup in a blender. Return soup to pot and bring to a simmer. Stir in lime juice and cream and season with salt and pepper. Do not boil. Thin with additional broth or water if soup is too thick.
- 3. Let cool, cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Ladle into a thermos cold, or, to serve warm, rewarm over medium-low heat, stirring often, before ladling into thermos.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews