Classic Carrot-Ginger Soup
A bowl full of Carrot-Ginger Soup not only offers color and fragrance but it's light and soothing as well. Save a few carrot leaves the garnish.
More From Health
- Calories: 50
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 319mg
- Calcium: 39mg
- 8 carrots (1 pound), sliced, leaves reserved for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 large clove garlic, smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, plus additional for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1. In large pot, simmer carrots and next 5 ingredients (through water), covered, until carrots are tender (20-25 minutes).
- 2. Using an immersion blender (or a standard, blender working in batches), blend until smooth; add lemon juice. Divide among 4 bowls; garnish with crushed red pepper and carrot leaves. If desired, serve chilled.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note