Carrot Ginger Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 whole(s) celery stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 whole(s) carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 whole(s) small sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) ginger minced
- 1/4 cup(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 whole(s) jalapeno peppers
- 3 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can(s) coconut milk
- to taste agave syrup
- to taste lime juice
- to taste salt
- 5 sprig(s) cilantro garnish
- 1. Saute onion in olive oil in a stock pot until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Add celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, stock and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are very soft (about 1 hour).
- 3. Puree soup in a blender and put through a food mill or wire strainer. Add agave, lime juice, pepper and salt.
- 4. Reheat and garnish each bowl with cilantro to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ashleyennedy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note