Carrot Ginger Soup
This Bastyr Dining Commons favorite adds colorful nutrition to your day, sweetened by the combination of carrots and coconut milk, then spiced up with the ginger and garlic. http://www.bastyr.edu/recipes/carrot-ginger-soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 whole(s) celery stalks cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 whole(s) carrots cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 whole(s) small sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup(s) ginger minced
- 1/4 cup(s) garlic minced
- 1/2 whole(s) jalapeno peppers
- 3 cup(s) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 can(s) coconut milk
- to taste agave syrup
- to taste lime juice
- to taste salt
- 5 sprig(s) cilantro garnish
- 1. Saute onion in olive oil in a stock pot until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt. Add celery, carrots, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, stock and coconut milk, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are very soft (about 1 hour).
- 3. Puree soup in a blender and put through a food mill or wire strainer. Add agave, lime juice, pepper and salt.
- 4. Reheat and garnish each bowl with cilantro to serve.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ashleyennedy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note