Carrot Ginger Soup
- 4 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 med to large onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh ginger grated
- 4 pound(s) carrots chopped
- 2 cup(s) apple cider
- 4 cup(s) vegetable broth
- 8 tablespoon(s) white rice
- Melt butter; saute onion until translucent; add ginger & carrots, cook approx. 6 minutes. Add cider, bring to boil over med-high heat stirring bottom of pan to deglaze. Cook until liquid reduces by half. Add broth & rice, bring to boil. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, cook approx. 30 minutes until carrots very tender. Let mixture cool.
- Puree mixture in food processor or blender, puree until smooth. Adjust seasonings, serve with dollop of low-fat yogurt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note