- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small white onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons diced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 diced peeled apple
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) can light coconut milk
- 1 diced peeled pear, for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced chives, for garnish
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread, toasted
- calories 171
- fat 6 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 2 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 7 g
- carbohydrate 26 g
- fiber 4 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 445 mg
- calcium 52 mg
How to Make It
In a 2-quart stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté carrots and onions until softened. Add next 4 ingredients (through apple); sauté until fragrant.
Add broth and salt. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Pulse mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add coconut milk, then add salt, to taste.
Garnish with diced pear and chives, if desired. Serve with 1 piece of bread.