- 3 cups fresh carrot juice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons very fine julienne fresh gingerroot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded 27-Hour Chicken Legs or rotisserie chicken
- 2 Thai chile, minced
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package enoki mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- calories 152
- fat 2.9 g
- satfat 0.7 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 14 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 37 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 275 mg
- calcium 42 mg
How to Make It
Bring carrot juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil 3 minutes. The carrot solids will "break" away from the clearer liquid during boiling.
Turn off the heat and let stand 5 minutes, allowing the carrot solids to settle to the bottom of the pot. Ladle off the clear liquid. Strain through a double layer of cheesecloth. Discard the solids.
Return the strained carrot juice to the pan. Add the stock, the rice vinegar, and the ginger.
Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat; reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the chicken and the chile. Reduce the heat to low and steep for 5 minutes more.
Serve, garnished with enoki mushrooms and chives.