Wonderful! Great flavor and consistency. I did make a few additions. I added a little extra ginger for a bit more kick, and because my carrots were not overly sweet or flavorful I added a table spoon of brown sugar, and a spoonful of honey - yum!
Carrot Ginger Coconut Soup
This is a spicy-sweet warming soup for a cold day. And since soup helps you feel full and eat less, this recipe is a great start to any meal.
More From Health
- Calories: 97
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 12 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium chopped red potato
- 8 chopped carrots
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 small chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed apple or pear (optional)
- 1. Cook broth in a large, heavy saucepan, reducing it by half to concentrate flavors.
- 2. Heat oil in a medium sauté pan. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- 3. Add ginger, potato, and carrot; cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and bell pepper; cover and cook 5 more minutes. Add reduced broth to vegetable mixture; season with pepper. Cover and cook until all vegetables are tender.
- 4. In blender or food processor, puree soup in small batches until smooth. Adjust seasonings.
- 5. Serve in warm soup bowls. Garnish with apple or pear cubes, if desired.
- Variation: Garnish with a combination of scallions and chopped fresh parsley or cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note