- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups farro
- 4 cups carrot juice or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 6 radishes, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
How to Make It
Heat 1/4 cup oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes or until translucent. Add farro; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in carrot juice, brown sugar, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes.
Stir in carrots and 2 cups water. Cook 10 minutes or until carrots and farro are tender. Drain; toss with remaining 1/4 cup oil, and let cool.
Combine farro mixture, lemon zest, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Serve immediately.