Good, quick side. I added a bit of cayenne pepper so they were sweet and slightly spicy.
Carrot Coins with Maple-Balsamic Browned Butter
A glaze dresses up steamed carrots, making them upscale enough for the holiday table. This recipe tastes best when you start with whole carrots. The peeling and slicing take less than five minutes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 86
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Carbohydrate: 14.5g
- Fiber: 3.4g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- Calcium: 43mg
- 3 1/4 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- Steam carrots, covered, 15 minutes or until tender.
- Melt butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook butter 3 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add syrup, vinegar, salt, and black pepper; stir until combined. Add carrots; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated, stirring to coat. Stir in parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note