Carrot cilantro soup
Community Recipe from
- 1 1
- I white onion. sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds carrots, chopped coarsely
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, chopped coarsely
- I teaspoon salt
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- Leaves from I bunch of cilantro, chopped coarsely
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 . Heat olive oil and onion in soup pot over low heat, covered, for about 7 minutes.
- 2. Add carrots, potatoes, and salt. Cover and stew for about 10 minutes.
- 3. Add the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for about one hour
- or until the vegetables are soft.
- 4. Take the pot offthe heat and add the cilantro leaves, saving some for the garnish.
- 5. Use a stick blender to puree the soup. Add black pepper.
- 6. Serve with a dollop of salsa and cilantro gamish
This recipe is a personal recipe added by minglee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot cilantro soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes