Carrot Chia Pet Treats
Photo: Marge Perry; Treats: David Bonom and Marge Perry
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a large shallow baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2. Combine the flours, wheat germ and chia seeds in a medium bowl. Whisk together the almond butter, water, oil and syrup in a separate bowl then stir in the carrots. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir with a spoon or rubber spatula until a very rough dough forms. Knead the dough in the bowl 6-7 times until the dough is fairly stiff.
- 3. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and roll out to a 1/4-inch thickness. With a 3-inch dog bone shaped cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Press all the scraps together, kneading once or twice, then roll out to 1/4-inch thickness and cut out more biscuits; repeat if necessary.
- 4. Bake biscuits until lightly browned and fairly hard, about 35-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely; biscuits will harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot Chia Pet Treats Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: MyRecipes