We created this crunchy, sweet side as an update of the classic mayonnaise-laden carrot-and-raisin salad. Save time and make it ahead--it eats even better the next day.
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 10 Minutes
- 2 pounds carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 (6-oz.) packages baby rainbow carrots, diagonally sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pound fresh cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped dried dates
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1. Toss together first 4 ingredients; drain in a colander 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook cauliflower in boiling salted water to cover, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Rinse under cold running water until cool; drain.
- 3. Rinse carrots under cold running water; drain and pat dry. Toss together carrots, cauliflower, Orange Vinaigrette, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Add salt to taste. Serve immediately.
- Note: To make ahead, dress carrots and cauliflower with vinaigrette, but toss with parsley, walnuts, dates, and cheese just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This