Carrot Cake with Madeira Syrup and Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups finely grated carrot (about 6 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Madeira Syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, fried carrot strip
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; gradually add to sugar mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Fold in carrot and pecans. Spoon into greased and floured 8-ounce ramekins or 6-ounce custard cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 325° for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool on wire racks 10 minutes. Invert onto serving dishes; serve warm with Madeira Syrup and ice cream. Garnish, if desired.
- Note: Cakes may be baked in large (3-inch) muffin pans.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts