Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 cup(s) butter softened
- 2 cup(s) sugar optional half white, half brown
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 cup(s) carrots grated
- 2 cup(s) crushed pineapple drained (20 oz can)
- 1 cup(s) raisins
- 12 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup(s) butter softened (one stick)
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 2 to 3 cup(s) powdered sugar
- hot water, as needed
- Beat together softened butter and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat. Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Stir into egg mixture. Stir in carrots, pineapple and raisins. Pour batter into a lightly greased and floured 9 x 13 cake pan or two 9" round cake pans.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 40 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. When cool, frost with cream cheese frosting.
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese and butter until soft and fluffy. Add vanilla and lemon juice, beat. Beat in powdered sugar, to taste; if necessary beat in 1 teaspoon of hot water at a time until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ybkinid and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings
More Recipes for Main Dishes