I've made these cookies several times and they always turn out great! Tasty and easy to make - highly recommend!
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 (16.5-oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 1. Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir raisins into carrot mixture.
- 2. Tear cookie dough into pieces, and stir into carrot mixture until well combined.
- 3. Drop cookie dough mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. (Dough should make 24 cookies.)
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.
- 5. Turn half of cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 Tbsp. chilled Cream Cheese Icing. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges of cookies.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note