I've made these cookies several times and they always turn out great! Tasty and easy to make - highly recommend!
Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
More From Southern Living
Bake: 18 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 (16.5-oz.) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream Cheese Icing
- 1. Toss together first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir raisins into carrot mixture.
- 2. Tear cookie dough into pieces, and stir into carrot mixture until well combined.
- 3. Drop cookie dough mixture by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto lightly greased baking sheets. (Dough should make 24 cookies.)
- 4. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are crisp. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks, and cool 10 minutes or until completely cool.
- 5. Turn half of cookies over, bottom sides up. Spread each with 1 Tbsp. chilled Cream Cheese Icing. Top with remaining cookies, bottom sides down, and press gently to spread filling to edges of cookies.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts