Hi, I am sorry... but, I can never make any Souther Living recipes. I need to see nutritional value info and till you print that-- I can only read and do my own substituitions. See if you can make it easier on those of us who are concerned about our health ?? Thank you. Mira C.
Carrot Cake Pancakes
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Prop Stylist: Heather Chadduck; Food Stylist: Ana Kelly
More From Southern Living
Total: 50 Minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups finely grated carrots (about 1 lb.)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped golden raisins
- Mascarpone Cream
- Garnish: carrot curls
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 4 ingredients in another bowl. Gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in carrots and next 2 ingredients. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot buttered griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked. Turn and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until done. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet, and keep warm in a 200° oven up to 30 minutes. Serve with Mascarpone Cream.
- Note: When using a griddle, heat it to 350°.
- Tip: For tender pancakes, don't overmix the batter; it should be lumpy.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch