Carrot Cake Jam
This is a wonderful jam that tastes just like Grandma’s carrot cake!
Yield: Makes 6 jars
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups pears, cored, peeled and chopped
- 14-oz. can crushed pineapple
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3-oz. pouch liquid pectin
- 6 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 (1/2-pint) canning jars and lids, sterilized
- Mix all ingredients except pectin and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add pectin and return to a boil. Stir in sugar; bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Pour into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Secure with lids. Cool and store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments