- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teasp salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup oil
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cup pureed cooked carrots ( I use canned carrots)
- 3/4 cup drained crushed pineapple
- cream cheese frosting recipe follows
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. brease or spray 2 9inch cake pans lined with wax paper
- 2. sift dry ingredients together .
- Add oil, egg nad vanilla and beat well. Fold in walnuts, coconut andcarrots and pineapple.
- 3. Pour batter into pans. set on middle rack of oven and bake for 3035 minutes until edges have pulled away from pan and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 4. cool on cake rack for 3 hrs. fill cake and frost sides and top.
- serves 1012
- Cream cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 6 talblespoons butter at room temp
- 3 cups confectioner sugar
- 1 teasp vanilla
- juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by pamswearingen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carrot Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cakes/Frostings