First taste we didn't think we liked it. Then after we swallowed, we found we liked it mkore and more. Tasty and almost healthy!
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 45 Minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped (about 8 large)
- 3 tart apples (such as Granny Smith) or creamy apples (such as McIntosh), peeled and chopped (about 1 lb.)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cups cream
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted chicken cooking stock
- 1 1/4 cups apple cider
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Garnishes: sour cream, diced apples
- 1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 50 to 60 minutes or until carrots are tender. Remove from heat, and cool 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove thyme sprigs. Process soup, in batches, in a blender or food processor until smooth. (For a thinner soup, stir in more broth, 1 Tbsp. at a time.) Spoon into individual bowls, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note