From the Kitchen of Nealey Dozier, dixiecaviar.com
"By no means is this a 'mayonnaisey' salad--the small amount of mayo just softens the flavor a bit."
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 large peeled carrots (assorted colors such as purple, yellow, and orange)
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cut carrots into very thin, ribbon-like strips using a vegetable peeler. Cut apples into 1/8-inch matchsticks, and toss with lemon juice. Stir together carrots and apples in a large bowl. Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sugar, ginger, and kosher salt. Pour over carrot mixture, and toss to coat. Cover and chill 1 hour. Fold in parsley just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note