Absolutely wonderful! Perfect just as is. It has become a family favorite!
- 4 large leeks, cleaned and sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 (1-pound) packages baby carrots
- 2 (32-ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Remove and discard green tops from leeks; cut white portions into slices, and set aside.
- Sauté chopped onion and chopped garlic in hot olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat just until tender. Do not brown.
- Stir in leeks, carrots, and next 3 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in thyme. Remove from heat, and let cool 10 minutes.
- Process carrot mixture, in 2 or 3 batches, in a food processor or with a hand emulsion blender until smooth.
- Return carrot mixture to Dutch oven, and add half-and-half. Heat over low heat until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews