We've tried several mignonette recipes and this is our favorite. We spoon it on raw and BBQ'd oysters in the half-shell, before slurping them down. Fantastic!
Mignonette is a classic French vinegar-based sauce traditionally served with oysters. We gave it a Southern spin by adding a barbecue base with a touch of horseradish.
More From Southern Living
Other: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried crushed red pepper
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium-size nonaluminum saucepan over medium heat; reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Remove from heat, and let stand 30 minutes. Cover and chill 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note