Carolina Gold Rice Grits and Eggs
More From Southern Living
Total: 55 Minutes
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Anson Mills Carolina Gold Rice Grits
- 6 bacon slices
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 5 green onions, sliced
- Place first 4 ingredients in a 6-inch square of cheesecloth; tie with kitchen string. Bring 5 cups water to a boil in a 3.5-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add curry powder, salt, and cheesecloth bundle. Stir in rice grits, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until slightly tender. Remove cheesecloth bundle. Drain rice grits, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes or until very dry.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 3 Tbsp. drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon.
- Whisk together eggs, mustard, and 1 tsp. water.
- Add rice grits to hot drippings, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until grits are crisp and tender. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add egg mixture to skillet, and cook, without stirring, 2 to 3 minutes or until eggs begin to set on bottom. Gently draw cooked edges away from sides of skillet. Stir in bacon and green onions, and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until eggs are thickened and moist. Add salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This