Trust me on this meat loaf!!! You all will love it and I will be posting a picture soon- It got eaten before I could take one :
Carol's Stupid Moist Meat Loaf
This meat loaf has been passed down for generations and each new member has added or changed something for the better :) This recipe you really can't over cook or make this dry (as long as you don't cook it for over 8 hours lol) and maybe it still might be good even if you did. Remeber you can add or take out what you like and don't like:)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 3 clove(s) garlic chopped/ fresh is best
- 3 sprig(s) sweet basil leaves chopped/ fresh or dry
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup(s) mushrooms chopped
- 1 cup(s) onion / sweet vadila if in season chopped
- 2 1/4 can(s) sliced black olives
- 1 package(s) Lipton Onion Soup Mix (Beefy Onion is good too)
- 4 tablespoon(s) Beer (or Beef Broth) but beer is best
- 3 tablespoon(s) milk
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Italian Bread Crumbs
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup(s) dried cranberries this is (Opitional)good when using ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper or to taste
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt or to taste
- 2 cup(s) Shredded cheese any kind of cheese you perfer
- 1 - 8oz can(s) tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a very large bowl mix all ingredients, expect for the last two (2 cups of shredded cheese and 1- 8oz. can of tomato sauce) for this will be your topping on your meat loaf. Mix well with your hands- this mixes them greatly together without over mixing. Separate meat into two halves. Get two large loaf pans and roll meat in to each one. Place in oven for 1 hour and then the last 15 minutes put your oven on 450 degrees F and then add your topping- Tomato sauce first and top with cheese. When finished – let cool, cut and serve. Make sure Cheese topping is melted and browned on top a little. I like using Kraft's- Three Cheese Mix (Monterey Jack, Colby, and Cheedar Cheese) because it melts and tastes really go with this recipe.
- FYI- I don’t add the “cranberries” to my ground beef meat loaf, but if you are using ground turkey I would suggest using it and also add 2 tablespoons of sour cream, this helps to make it really moist.
- P.S. This goes great with mashed potatoes and seasoned green beans- I also make a mushroom and onion beef gravy for my mashed potatoes using the juices from the meat loaf.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CarolHoodless69 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note