Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 tablespoon(s) seasoned salt
- 4 pound(s) pork butt cut into 2" cubes, some fat removed
- 1 cup(s) water
- 1 teaspoon(s) liquid smoke
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 5 large garlic cloves
- Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time:3 hr 0 min
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put a roasting grate at the bottom of a roasting pan and pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the pan along with the liquid smoke. Arrange the pork on the grate and top with the onion and garlic. Cover the pan with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 2 hours, then remove the cover and bake until the pork is fork tender, about 1 more hour.
- When cooked through, transfer the pork to a large bowl. Shred the meat and stir in the pan juices. Serve with warm tortillas or use when making tacos, tamales, etc.
- This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marylisa1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note