Carne Salada with Pickled Onions
For a pick-up appetizer, top baguette slices with flavorful Carne Salada with Pickled Onions.
More From Coastal Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
Chill: 8 Hours
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coarse-grained smoked salt
- 1/3 cup smoked black pepper
- 1 (1 1/4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Toasted baguette slices
- Pickled Onions
- 1. Combine sugar and kosher salt in a small bowl. Combine smoked salt and smoked pepper; rub on beef. Place in a deep pan, and cover with sugar mixture. Chill, uncovered, 2 days, turning beef occasionally.
- 2. Remove beef from curing mixture, wiping away all residue. Wrap beef in cheesecloth, and hang above a bowl in the refrigerator (to drain away liquid) 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. Cut beef into very thin slices. Top baguette slices with beef and Pickled Onions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This