Easy prep & very good. Made to recipe using package of Angus fajita beef rather than whole skirt steak so didn't need to marinate longer. Served with black refried beans. CL's camarones fritoes as starter. Nice summer supper.
Carne Asada Tacos with Avocado Pico de Gallo
Just saying Carne Asada Taco with Avocado Pico de Gallo makes our mouths water. Squeeze fresh lime juice over tacos and enjoy. If you don't have a gas stove to cook the tortillas, char them slightly in a grill pan over high heat.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 3 Hours, 36 Minutes
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 27.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 50mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Sodium: 505mg
- Calcium: 115mg
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 medium)
- 1 (1-pound) skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup diced avocado (about 1 medium)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Combine 1/4 cup juice and steak in a shallow dish. Sprinkle cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper over both sides of steak. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
- 2. Heat grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand at least 10 minutes. Cut steak into 1/2-inch pieces.
- 3. Combine tomato and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl. Gently stir in avocado and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 4. Heat tortillas over gas flame 15 seconds on each side or until charred on edges. Divide steak evenly among tortillas. Top with pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note