- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 medium)
- 1 (1-pound) skirt steak, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced seeded plum tomato
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon diced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup diced avocado (about 1 medium)
- 8 corn tortillas
- Lime wedges (optional)
- calories 372
- fat 15.8 g
- satfat 4.1 g
- monofat 8.4 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 27.6 g
- carbohydrate 32.6 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 50 mg
- iron 4 mg
- sodium 505 mg
- calcium 115 mg
How to Make It
Combine 1/4 cup juice and steak in a shallow dish. Sprinkle cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper over both sides of steak. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 3 hours.
Heat grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand at least 10 minutes. Cut steak into 1/2-inch pieces.
Combine tomato and next 5 ingredients (through garlic) in a bowl. Gently stir in avocado and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
Heat tortillas over gas flame 15 seconds on each side or until charred on edges. Divide steak evenly among tortillas. Top with pico de gallo. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.