We bought sirloin because it was on sale & about the thickness of skirt steak. Used a food processor to rough-combine the marinade ingredients. BBQ'd over high heat to get a great char but still medium rare. Rather than serving in tortillas, plated with yellow rice & black beans. Excellent.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo rough chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic minced
- 3/4 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/4 cup(s) green onion chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro leaves & stems chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) flat-leaf parsley leaves & stems chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) ripe tomatoes pureed
- 1/2 cup(s) lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) canola oil
- 2 1/2 pound(s) skirt steak or flank steak
- warm corn tortillas
- pico de gallo
- salsa verde
- chopped onion
- chopped cilantro
- grilled chiles
- lime slices
- beans & rice
- 1. In large bowl combine chipotle peppers through oil.
- 2. Add steak and coat thoroughly.
- 3. Put marinade & steak in gallon plastic bag & seal.
- 4. Refrigerate overnight.
- 5. Remove bag from fridge at least one hour prior to grilling til steak comes up to room temp.
- 6. Remove steaks from bag.
- 7. Grill over high heat til medium rare.
- 8. Allow steak to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- 9. Slice across the grain into 1" slices -or- rough cut into 1/2" dice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolfitz and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note