Carmelized Salmon with Citrus Salsa (Diabetic Living Low Carb Cooking)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 6 - 4 ounce(s) salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) orange peel shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 oranges peeled,sectioned chopped
- 1 cup(s) fresh pineapple or crushed canned drained
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon(s) shallot finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon(s) jalapeno chile pepper chopped
- mixed greens
- orange slices
- 1. In a small bowl stir together sugar, 1 1/2tsp. orange peel, salt and black pepper. Sprinkler sugar mixture evenly over salmon, rubbing in with your fingers. Cover dish and refrigerate for 8-24 hours.
- 2. For citrus salsa, in a small bowl combine the remaining 1 tsp orange peel, chopped oranges,pineapple, cilantro shallot and chile pepper. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- 3. Lift fillets from dish, discard liquid in dish. Arrange on a med-hot grill , cover and grill 7 to 9 minutes per 1/2 inch thickness of fish or until fish flakes.
- 4. Serve with the citrus salsa and mixed greens, garnish with orange slices
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note