Carmelized Onion Tarts with Apples
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 package(s) Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 3 large apples, cored & thinly sliced with skins intact
- Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup(s) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup(s) crumbled gorgonzola or shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Open thawed sheets of puff pastry (they are folded in thirds in the package) and place on parchment lined cookie sheets. With a rolling pin, gently roll to an increase of 1 inch. Prick all over with a fork to prevent the pastry from puffing during baking.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook the onions until soft and golden brown, 12 - 15 minutes. Stir in apples, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook until tender, 2 - 5 minutes.
- Spread creme fraiche over pastry within 1/2 inch of the edge. Top with onion/apple mixture (should be a thin layer covering the pastry leaving the 1/2 inch edge free of topping). Bake for 25 - 30 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes. Allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing. Serve warm.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Randi's Recipes and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Carmelized Onion Tarts with Apples Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers