Excellent! Followed the instructions carefully and the tenderness was amazing. Only thing I did differently was I read in this mag to sear meats whole, first, then cut into larger chunks, and I did that and it made all the difference.
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 422
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 37.4g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 547mg
- Calcium: 38mg
- 1 (2-pound) boneless center-cut pork loin roast, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 1/2 cups hot cooked basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons diagonally sliced green onions
- 1. Cut roast into 1-inch pieces. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork; sauté 5 minutes or until browned.
- 2. Place pork, bell pepper, and green onion pieces in a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray; stir well.
- 3. Combine hoisin sauce and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) in a small bowl; stir until well blended. Pour mixture over pork and vegetables; stir well.
- 4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook for 5 to 6 hours. Serve over rice; sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Flavor Tip: With their crisp texture and sweet flavor, bell peppers are a nice complement to the pork in this dish. If you plan to use the peppers within a day or two, keep them at room temperature for better flavor.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes