Caribbean Pork with Butter Pea Toss
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 3 cups fresh or frozen butter peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Remove silver skin from tenderloin, leaving a thin layer of fat. Rub 1 Tbsp. olive oil, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1 Tbsp. Caribbean seasoning over tenderloin.
- 2. Grill tenderloin, covered with grill lid, 10 to 12 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°. Remove from grill, and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, bring butter peas and water to cover to a boil in a 3-qt. saucepan over high heat; reduce heat to medium, and simmer 25 minutes; drain. Combine peas, next 6 ingredients, and remaining 2 Tbsp. olive oil and 1 tsp. salt. Serve with sliced pork.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note