Caribbean Mahimahi with Banana Chutney
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: .5g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Fiber: 7g
- Cholesterol: 85g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Resistant starch: 4.8g
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked quick-cooking brown rice
- 1/4 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 cup canned red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound skinless mahimahi fillets, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat oven to 425ï¿½.
- 2. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add rice and coconut; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Turn off heat; stir in beans, and set aside.
- 3. While rice cooks, combine salt, allspice, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- 4. Arrange fish in an 8-inch square glass baking dish. Drizzle oil over fish, and rub to ensure pieces are evenly coated. Sprinkle half of seasoning mixture over fish; turn fish over and coat with remaining seasoning.
- 5. Add 1/2 cup water to pan and bake at 425ï¿½ for 10 to 12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
- 6. While fish bakes, combine chutney, banana, scallions, and cilantro in a small bowl. Serve rice and bean mixture topped with fish and chutney.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This