Caribbean Key Lime Pie
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 4 Hours, 15 Minutes
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 12 vanilla cream sandwich cookies, broken
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup fresh Key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon spiced rum (optional)
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Spread coconut in a shallow pan. Bake at 350° for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until toasted. Set aside 2 tablespoons for topping.
- Process cookies and macadamia nuts in a food processor until crushed. Add butter; process until moistened. Add remaining coconut, and pulse 2 or 3 times or just until combined. Press crumb mixture in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pieplate. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition. Add lime juice and, if desired, spiced rum; beat just until blended. Pour filling into piecrust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until almost set. (Center of pie will firm when chilled.) Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or until thoroughly chilled. Dollop each serving with whipped cream, and sprinkle with reserved coconut. Store in refrigerator.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts