I know it is supposed to be healthy but the taste is way too sour for me. I compared it to other cornbread recipes (albeit, less healthified ones) and needed to add four times the sugar to make it somewhat more palatable.
Caribbean Habanero Cornbread
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 226
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 6.2g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 31g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sodium: 392mg
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 1 large egg, beaten to blend
- 1 can (8 1/2 oz.) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh habanero chilies
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh green Anaheim chili
- 1. In a large bowl, stir to combine cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- 2. Add oil, egg, corn, yogurt, cheese, habaneros, and Anaheims. Stir until ingredients are evenly moistened.
- 3. Pour batter into an oiled 8-inch square pan. Bake in a 375° oven until bread is golden brown and begins to pull from pan sides, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 4. Cut bread into squares and serve hot, warm, or cool.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note